Empowering Educators for 21st Century Teaching & Learning
Restorative Practices for Schools
A unique approach to conflict and challenging behavior that promotes restitution and healing.
Urban Edu Coach is an advocate for Restorative Practices and an expert Peace Circle Keeper
SFUSD • Restorative Practices; Student Voices
SFUSD has rolled out a District-wide implementation of Restorative Practices in dozens of schools. Restorative Practices is based on the assumption that students respond better when things are done WI...
Our services will help you and your stakeholders
- to generate a system-wide buy-in process from all stakeholders including administration, parents, students, and community stakeholders as well.
- to explore Restorative Practices for Classroom and School Wide Behavior Management
- to explore or create digital tools to monitor implementation of restorative practices.
- to explore restorative practice interventions: peace circles, peer mediation
- to implement a 21 Day Action Plan,
- to incorporate service learning as a restorative practice
- and set high expectations for ACHIEVEMENT in classrooms, common areas, and during transitions expectations for student success.
Restorative Justice In Schools
Montbello High School reduces suspension and expulsion rates by 30% using Restorative Justice.
Most discipline problems in schools happen because of inter-personal conflict, leaving students or staff with negative feelings of anger, hurt, resentment, anxiousness, or fear. When these conflicts happen those involved need:
- · an attentive ear
- a chance to tell their side of the story
- a chance to express their thoughts and feelings,
- · a vehicle for which to help understand better how the situation happened
- · to understand how it can be avoided next time,
- · to feel understood by the others involved
- · an acknowledgment of the harm caused, even an apology
- · to find a way to move on and feel better about themselves and others.
- Restorative practices provide these needs and more.